How 'bout that ride in?

Hello. How ’bout that ride in? I guess that’s why they call it the Hartsfield Airport. 

 You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when I met Ryan and we got married, I knew he was one of my own. And our wolf pack… it grew by one. So there… there were two of us in the wolf pack… I was alone first in the pack, and then Ryan joined in later. And eight years ago, when Ryan introduced me to you guys, I thought, “Wait a second, could it be?” And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the airport together, in Atlanta, looking for a flight and good times. So tonight, I make a toast!

 Sunday morning last week wasn't an ordinary Sunday. It was the day Ryan, Kayla, Adam and I were flying from Atlanta into Florida to start the Doss family vacation. June 10th turned into a memory we will never forget! We packed up on Saturday night with Lyla getting a bit depressed we were leaving.

Sunday am, we all met up at our house and rode out to the Atlanta airport. We hit some rain, a little trouble finding a parking spot, and my luggage may have weighed 1.5 lbs over the limit. It was about 9:45 when we started through security. No biggie, right. We started down Terminal C and got to our gate. No one was there. We thought - heck yeah, we are early!

It was 10:13 and the flight departs at 10:20. Well, needless to say the doors to the gate were closed and we were rudely told that we missed the flight. WHAT?!?!?! I had to walk away because I don't get angry much, but when I do it's not pretty. I worked on holding my tongue while Kayla begged and they adamantly told her nope. Apparently on our boarding passes it says "Gates close 10 minutes before flight" IN SIZE 6 FONT!

So, we were told we would be placed on standby, but would definitely have a confirmed flight at 6:52.

We stayed optimistic and had a lot of fun! We made it to Victory Lane aka Winner's Circle a total of three times and met a fun waitress there. She absolutely loved it when Ryan started reciting all of the fun facts from his phone! Did you know that all polar bears are left handed? Me either.

There were 4 flights before our 6:52 one that we were supposed to be on standby for. Needless to say...none of those worked out!!

Around 6:20 we made our way to the gate and loaded the plane. There was some dancing down the hallway to the plane, and by this time we were absolutely DELIRIOUS. We made lots of friends and sat right next to the Air Marshall, Andrew.
Kayla would ask Andrew questions that would help us determine if he in fact was the Air Marshall. He was. 37. In good physical shape. Flying solo. Very observant. Sitting near the exit. Military experience. His favorite gun was one without a safety. Even though he'd never admit it. He was.
When the plane landed we were in the middle of a storm on the runway. We sat for another hour waiting to unload the plane. Want to know what we did then? Ryan read some more fun facts and we decided to start a sing along. Most of the people found us amusing and joined in making the best of our long day. Some, you can see them in front of Kayla and Adam may have been covering their ears!

We finally made it off the airplane. Then, we walked around for an hour trying to get our rental car. We met Mickey at McDonald's and made it to our beach house at 2 am! That was enough adventure for one day, but we made it the most fun! I am thankful for that time!
Pin It
Dana D1 Comment